Saturday, July 08, 2006

A BLONDE MOMENT

On my usual weekly visit to the neighbourhood petrol station today, I realised that I'm having one of those days where I ask myself, "Am I a blonde in disguise???" hehe...

After punching in $40 on the machine, I was standing there waiting for it to fill up. Halfway through, the counter showed 23.40 and it stopped! click here, click there on the hose..hmmm... still not continuing to fill. Quite frustrated by then. Are they trying to cheat my money? What if I didn't notice when it had stopped, I'dwould gone in to pay for the full amount. OK, showdown time!

I marched straight into the shop, and told the cashier that their machine is not working properly, stopped at 23.40 when I wanted $40. The shop assisstant knowing full well what had happend yell out....




"Excuse me, you are looking at the litre pumped counter!!!"




Hahahaha... how crazy can I be? So embarassing! There were other people in the shop that also heard my complain and the shop assisstant's answer :( Oooppss... I think instead of having a blonde moment, a more appropriately term would be, I was having a "Lengx2 Moment!" Hahahahaha........

Hope you are having a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*nods furiously*...you're not alone Lx2, as i'm pretty blonde myself especially in the weekends...may be it has something to do with us being totally relaxed coz we dun have to work..it's prolly a good thing that it doesn't happen at work?? hehe...

Lengx2 said...

Yes, let's hope we're not like dat at work :)
At least, I didn't drive off with the hose still intact... haha...

Gina said...

Hahahhaha!!!! It is one of those days.. when I took the cough mixture, I walked into the wrong clinic to get an MC.. I drove without the lights on at night.. and I tried to open the wrong car before.. hahahah!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's a cute story :)
everyone has blonde moments! the other day i was trying to figure out why my dvd player wasn't working.. it seemed to be playing the disc, but no sound came and nothing was on screen...
of course, i had earlier disconnected the AV cables from the television, and they were just lying their, unplugged and in plain sight...
just didn't occur to me :)

Anonymous said...

You and I have been friends for a long time I want to take a chance here to thank you for sharing all the blonde moments

There are so many blonde moments that I know- some are just pure classic but some are unique one of a kind. whether classic or not YOU are the most important ingredient in the equation because u can make ordinary blonde moment extra funny
because ur reaction and afterward comments....eg the ACC jokes ( sorry thats an insider jokes)

U r Mr Bean in real life -if u just purely looking at humour itself your blonde moments are silent yet lethal enough keep us choking for weeks.

Thank you for bringing us so much joys and laughs ..... its a great honour to know u. Without ur blonde moments our life would be boring

Lengx2 said...

Gina: Would love to see what was the nurse's reaction when you asked for the MC... hahaha...

Indie: Sometimes the most abvious answer is just staring us in the face! :)

Anon: *touched till nearly tears* Thank you so much for the compliments. Not sure if I deserve all of it, I really enjoy telling them (and acting it out sometimes after consumption of certain beverages) as some are really damn funny:) Hey, I think I'd go crazy with all these blonde moments pent up if without friends like you to share the craziness with!