Sunday, June 04, 2006

LAKSA NIGHT


Last Friday a group of us were invited to a "Laksa Night" at Jeffery and Murray's place for dinner. What a nice way to start off Queen's Birthday long weekend, a nice meal with friends.

I have to say Jeffery did a wonderful job of creating a little bit of Malaysia in New Zealand. The laksa tasted superb! With the cold weather upon us, the aroma and spiciness of the laksa brought much comfort to taste buds....I especially like the tofu pok in the soup :)

Since many are away for the long weekend, we could all fit into the dining table. Which is a change to our usual gatherings where people tend to spread out through different parts of the house with sub-groups having their own little conversations.

After dinner, Jeffery gave all of us a surprise by bringing out a fully lit birthday cake for Murray! Yes, it was Murray's birthday last week and this is sort of a belated celebration.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MURRAY! May you have another wonderful year full of interesting travels!
This cake is definitely one of the much better cakes I have tasted recently. Full of fruit, light and creamy. Bad experience with a whole cheesecake I bought recently :( However did I managed to finish the whole thing by myself though... hahaha...

After dinner, all of us sat around a chimmena (you won't believe how hard it was to find the correct spelling! Pronounced cheem-me-na? hehe.. Gosh, this one's expensive, no wonder no bids yet. Chimmena anyone? ) outside in the garden. For cold nights such as these, it was a such blessing. Sort of like sitting around a camp fire in your own backyard.

Wonderful dinner with great friends... what more can you ask for?
Once again, Happy Birthday Murray!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the laksa..gutted! Happy birthday Murray all the same :-)

Gina said...

Wah.. you set the ball rolling real fast! Nice laksa pic - but.. err.. how come no broth one? :)

Lengx2 said...

Bad photography on my part... hehe. Or is it that it smelled so yumm that I sucked all the broth up just by staring at it???

Anonymous said...

hey there! i love laksa but i probably haven't been fortunate enough to taste it in genuine Malay-style glory :)
Desmond asked me to drop you a message here. great post, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hihi,it's Vivian, girl-friend of Desmond, HAHA. My honey ask me to add a message here & say hi to everybody!
Excellent blog with nice photos, Kevin :)

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»