Sunday, June 04, 2006

WINTER WONDERLAND

The rain is a sign that winter is indeed here! When you mention winter here in Auckland, it doesn't create a vision of little white snow flakes slowly falling from the sky, covering rooftops, smoky chimney and garden covered with white blankets of snow. But instead, what you get is this:

Yes you get, rain, rain and MORE rain! Silly me, I hung out a load of laundry yesterday late afternoon, I knew it might rain later in the night but I still did it anyway. I think it's my way of adding a little excitement into the whole laundry process. What's the point of hanging out the laundry knowing without a doubt it's going to be dry. hahahaa.... So, what's the outcome? Wet shirts, wet pants, wet towels, wet G-strings, wet socks, wet wet wet!

Secretly, I am hoping that one day when I wake up in the morning looking out the window, it would suddely snow!!! Hahaha.... I mean if you're going to experience winter, might as well get 100% winter feel, right?

There is one tremendous benefit to winter though, you get to eat non-stop while comforting yourself that it's winter and you need to eat more for the warmth! Hmmm... one down side to this is I haven't recovered from last winter! and we've been through last autumn, summer and spring! Oh well, this just shows that I'm consistent!

Food pics to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

100% agreed !!! My garden will soon turn into a rainforest due to latest winter blast :-0 Winter is wet but wonderful WHY? because we are all wonderful people and no matter what happens, no matter how big the rain frop is, we won't stop our marathon dancing doop dee doop :-P YAY!!!

Lengx2 said...

kah che: That's right! One two step! One two step! and twist!

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»