Sunday, August 27, 2006

PAN MEEN

This is such a belated post. A few weeks back we've been treated to a marvellous home made pan meen dinner by L. I've never tried this in Penang believe it or not. So, I'll just let the pictures do the talking. This is gonna such a mission on dial-up connection but I shall give it a go... :)

Started off with the ingredients for the pan meen creation. Of coz, when cooking you have to have some titbits to munch on


Nice setting to set the mood (cozy & casual)

Now, here comes the fun part! Making the pan mee! Everyone gathering around the huge pot of boiling water to make the meen.






Looks fun, eh?
Can you spot my no. 1 fan? Hehehehehehe....

Now here comes the assembling part, just like an lean mean assembling factory, ingredients are placed on the noodles with accuracy & precision.


Please note, I've added an extra ingredient from my own creation. See the paste like thingy next to the canister? Well, the garlic bulbs used for making the soup stock was gonna be chucked out. So I grabbed the garlic bulbs out of the waste disposal (I bet didn't need to know that, hahaha) which smelled very fragrant and mash it all up to add to the noodles! Genius! Hahahahaha.... Apart from my kay poh ingredient, the essential things that goes with this type of noodles are fish balls, shitake mushrooms, fried anchovies, spring onion, fried mince, veges & fried shallots. Our generous host L prepared all this by himself the whole afternoon. *HUGS*********


THE FINISH PRODUCT!


and the verdict?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

YUMMY!!!!

Thanks L for the whole make & eat experience:) Your cooking creations always top of pops!

We will definitely miss you when you leave Auckland in a couple of weeks time. Make sure you bloody use your return ticket!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As your No.1 Fan, does it mean I'll have to start stalking you?

Yes, superb effort by L for such a wonderful dinner, his hospitality shall be sadly missed.

Anonymous said...

LoOks reAllY yuMMy & fuN!! PittY I missEd out >.<

Anonymous said...

Ummmm.... it looks délicieux and professionally make. Well done !!! This is also one of my all time favourite Malaysian dish.

Lengx2 said...

No. 1 fan: Tips for stalking, I look my best in the mornings... hahahaha!

Anon & Ah beng: It was superb! Best part of being homemade is that you know the stock gets the flavours from hours of boiling and not laced with MSG.